Wednesday, July 16, 2008

After the Event

Well, we are here in the glow after the event - what an incredible day, thanks so much to everyone who could make it! From getting in Saturday morning, hanging out for lunch in the afternoon, to setting up chairs and tables, the ceremony itself, dinner afterward, and music and dancing up at the house - everything went flawlessly, especially the weather. Even the whole week, where we caught up with out of town friends, and family, it exceeded our expectations.

We're gathering up pictures from everyone, I'll put up links to online photo albums. Anyone with pics or online galleries, please share!

As requested, here are the words of our vows (for those who missed it or couldn't hear) :

B: I vow to listen to you
J: I vow to communicate with you

J: I vow to not take this life we have together for granted
B: I vow to not be careless with our resources

B: I vow to move beyond good intentions to pursue thoughtful actions
J: I vow to be sensitive to your fears and vulnerabilities

B: I vow to encourage creativity to flourish
J: I vow to encourage health and happiness, laughter and joy

J: I vow commitment
B: I vow faithfulness

J: I vow to be strong in times of adversity
B: I vow to be steadfast in times of poor circumstance and change

B: I vow to be open and true
J: I vow to share with you what's in my heart

J: I vow to honor your views and values
B: I vow to be a part of your ideas and passions

J: I vow to live life fully, not holding back on our dreams
B: I vow to trust, to share, to let go, to allow collaboration

J: I vow that the needs of our family come first
B: I vow to nurture our friendships and peace in our community

J: I vow to love, support, comfort, and cherish you
B: I vow to love, support, comfort, and cherish you

J: I know that you will always be my favorite thing at the eend of every day
B: I know that my heart will always dance at the site of you every morning


As a special bonus, here is the text of our exchange (Bonnie's poem, and the lyrics to my song, "Like No Other")


YOURS & MINE
You have
captivated me
captured me
You are holding me
and not letting go
I am holding you
and not letting go
I have taken fragile strings of trust
and tied them to you
There is no commitment stronger
than the one I have already made to you in my heart
I am wrapped up in this love
tethered, firmly fixed
you can count on this bond.
Alone, I am strong.
With you, I am stronger.
And able to be vulnerable
I am not letting go of me
I am getting you.
And I am giving you me.
You showed me
that’s the way it works
My beloved
You are holding me
and not letting go
I will hold you
and not let go.


LIKE NO OTHER
Like no other love
Lifts me up above, my own
Knows me best of all
With me through my ups and downs

When she shines on me
Each look makes it all OK

Makes perfect sense,
to heart and mind, the moment's fine

Would you?
Do you? I do.

Every day, surprise
See the world through your eyes
So I make my vows
With you I will always be

Love, laughs and tears
Through all our years, you and I

Like no other love



More pics & thoughts to come!

No comments: